- 4 cups Baby spinach
- 1 Beet, medium-sized
- 1 Orange
- 1 Pomegranate
- 7/8 cup Chicken broth
- 2 tea spoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tea spoon Honey
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 2 tea spoons Olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tea spoons Orange juice, fresh
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees then line a baking sheet with foil. Place beet inside another piece of foil then seal and place on baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the center of the beet meets little resistance, but is not mushy. Once cool enough to handle, use a paper towel to help peel off the skin (should be fairly easy,) then slice. Can be done ahead of time.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan then add rinsed quinoa. Place a lid on top then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until quinoa has absorbed all the broth, about 15 minutes. Let rest off the heat for 5 minutes then remove lid and fluff with a fork, and then cool. Can be done ahead of time.
- Divide spinach and quinoa between two bowls then top with beets, oranges, and pomegranate seeds. Combine ingredients for the Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette in a mason jar then shake to combine and drizzle over bowls.
This recipe was found in https://www.pinterest.com/pin/424534702356003759/