If you are looking for a homemade treat this recipe will give you a great idea. This pomegranate orange bread combines the flavors of the two fruits and the result will surprise you.
2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170gr yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8 1/2×4 1/2-inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat yogurt, orange peel, 1/2 cup orange juice, the melted butter and eggs with whisk. Add to dry ingredients; stir together until just combined. Fold in pomegranate seeds. Pour into pan.
- 3 Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- 4 Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, at least 3 hours.
- 5 Mix powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon orange juice with whisk; drizzle over bread. Allow glaze to harden before slicing and serving
This recipe was found in http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/pomegranate-orange-bread/658987f4-a958-4cf1-aeeb-ea6d27cbbd3a?nicam4=SocialMedia&nichn4=Pinterest&niseg4=BettyCrocker&nicreatID4=Post&crlt.pid=camp.KYLgVvzVvvBX