Everyone should try this delicious and healthy recipe of stuffed chicken breast recipe with goat cheese, pomegranates and Balsamic Reduction.
For the Chicken:
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 4 Goat Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- 1 Tea spoon Olive Oil
- For the Balsamic Reduction:
- 1/4 Cup Shallots, minced (about 4 small shallots)
- 2/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Pomegranate juice
- 1/4 Cup Low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup + 1 tea spoon Brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate arils
- 1/4 Cup Fresh basil, diced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut a pocket into the center of each chicken breast, using a sharp knife, making sure to not cut all the way through the breast.
- Stuff each pocket with 1 of goat cheese and sprinkle each breast with a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tea spoon of olive oil over medium/high heat.
- Cook the chicken breasts until lightly golden brown on each side (about 1-2 minutes per side.) Use tongs to flip the chicken as it helps to keep all that cheese inside. However, some cheese may ooze out as it begins to warm up.
- Once browned, transfer the chicken to the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the shallots right into the same pan the chicken was in.
- Cook the shallots until soft (about 2-3 minutes.)
- Add in the balsamic vinegar, pomegranate juice, chicken broth, brown sugar and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, stiring constantly, until the sauce just begins to reduce and thicken (about 4-5 minutes.)
- Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken breasts and bake until they are cooked through (15-20 mins.)
- Serve each chicken breast drizzled with some of the leftover sauce, pomegranate seeds and fresh basil.
This recipe was found in http://www.foodfaithfitness.com/stuffed-chicken-breast-recipe/